Ceramics are used to make everything from plates and bowls to toilets!
This page focuses on ceramics used for common items like pottery and porcelain.
What is ceramic?
Ceramics are any material that is created by heating and cooling a non-metal, such as clay. This technically includes glass, but we usually mean pottery and dishware when we talk about ceramics.
This page is devoted to the smaller ceramics designed for reuse, such as plates, mugs and other serving related products. Many of the locations listed here are thrift stores, so they'll probably take statues, picture frames, and other objects made from ceramics as well.
What about my toilet?!
Ok, so you got us; your toilet is a ceramic too. If you have an old toilet, check out the locations listed on our Construction and Demolition page to see which places will accept it.
Where to go
All of Santa Barbara County (4)
Santa Barbara Area (7)
- Alpha Thrift Store — 700 North Milpas Street
- Assistance League of Santa Barbara — 1259 Veronica Springs Rd
- Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. — 609 E Haley St
- Goodwill Industries of Santa Barbara — 4223 State Street
- Goodwill Industries of Santa Barbara — 302 W Carrillo St
- United Family Association Thrift — 5156 Hollister Avenue
- United Family Association Thrift Store — 5156 Hollister Avenue
Goleta & UCSB Area (3)
Santa Ynez Valley (5)
- Atterdag Village Serendipity Thrift Shoppe — 448 Atterdag Road
- Buellton Senior Thrift Store c/o Buellton Senior Center — 56 West Highway 246
- Granite Construction Company — 400 South Highway 101 (Santa Rosa off-ramp)
- People Helping People Thrift Store — 545 North Alisal Road, Suite 102
- Santa Ynez Valley Humane Society Treasures Thrift Store — 393 Alisal Road
Lompoc Valley & VAFB (3)
Santa Maria Valley (6)
- Central Coast Super Thrift Store — 306 North Broadway
- Goodwill Industries Orcutt — 3486 Orcutt Road
- Goodwill Industries Retail Store — 1539 Stowell Center Plaza
- New Image Thrift Store — 2512 South Broadway Street
- Rad Thrift Store — 215 West Main Street
- Vocational Training Center (VTC) Enterprises Thrift Store — 529 South Blosser Road
Outside Santa Barbara County (4)