This section has everything you need to know about recycling at your home, business, apartment or school.
If you're not sure how to recycle a particular item, find it in the list below or use our search bar at the top of the page.
What Can I Recycle?
In a nutshell, paper, plastic, glass and metal. Recycling is easy when you know what goes where. Click the lists below for some common items that can go in your recycling bin. Or for those more visually inclined, download our recycling poster here.
Glass Bottles & Jars
Metals — All Metal
Paper & Cardboard
Plastic — All Hard Plastic & Most Plastic Bags!
These items are not recyclable in your blue bin, even though many people think they are. Our site lists innovative ways to recycle, reduce and reuse many of them, but please do not put these in your recycling container.
Posters, magnets, pamphlets, brochures, flyers...We've got it all! Check out our Outreach Materials page for free resources related to waste reduction in Santa Barbara County.
Recycle at Home
Recycle at Work
Check out our detailed how-to guide on our Business Recycling page.
Recycle at School
Head over to our School Recycling page for tons of helpful information for implementing or expanding waste reduction programs on campus.
What else is in the Recycle section?
Below is a complete list of pages in this section. Just click a link and go!
- Agricultural Plastic Recycling
- Aluminum Scrap Recycling
- Asphalt Recycling
- Athletic Shoe Recycling
- Bicycle Recycling
- Brass and Bronze Recycling
- Bricks Recycling
- California Refund Value (CRV) Beverage Container Recycling
- Cardboard and Paperboard Recycling
- Carpet Recycling
- Cast Iron Recycling
- Children Accessories Recycling
- Concrete Recycling
- Construction & Demolition (C & D) Debris Recycling
- Container and Wrapper Recycling
- Cooking Oil Recycling
- Copper Recycling
- Crayon Recycling
- Dental Material Recycling
- Dirt/Soil Recycling
- Document Shredding
- Drywall Recycling
- Flooring Recycling
- Glass Container Recycling
- Gravel Recycling
- Green Business Program
- Junk Mail Recycling
- Magazines, Catalogs and Phone Books Recycling
- Masonry Recycling
- Mattress Recycling
- Metal Cans Recycling
- Metals (other than cans) Recycling
- Newspaper Recycling
- Outreach Materials
- Paper Recycling
- Paperback Books Recycling
- Plastic Bags Recycling
- Plastic Film (other than bags and agricultural film) Recycling
- Plastics #1 and #2 Recycling
- Plastics #3 - #7 Recycling (no Styrofoam)
- Plastics Recycling
- Propane Tank Recycling
- RMDZ Loans
- Recycle at Businesses
- Recycle at Home
- Recycle at Multi-Family Complexes
- Recycle at School
- Recycle at Work
- Recycling Containers
- Recycling FAQs
- Recycling Resource Guide
- Roofing Materials Recycling
- Sand Recycling
- Shoe Recycling
- Steel Recycling
- Stone Recycling
- Tin Recycling
- Tires Recycling
- Transparencies Recycling
- Untreated Wood & Pallets Recycling
- Vehicles and Vehicular Parts Recycling
- What Can I Recycle?
- White Paper and Computer Paper Recycling
- Why Recycle?
- Window Glass Recycling
- Wine Cork Recycling
November 15, 2013 by Leslie Robinson - Recycle
November 04, 2013 by Leslie Robinson - Electronics
October 03, 2013 by Leslie Robinson - Recycle
February 21, 2013 by Leslie Robinson - Recycle
February 20, 2013 by Leslie Robinson - Electronics
February 18, 2013 by Leslie Robinson - Electronics
December 20, 2012 by Leslie Robinson - Electronics
November 13, 2012 by Carlyle Johnston - Recycle
February 02, 2012 by Leslie Robinson - Recycle
October 06, 2011 by Jeff Simeon - Policies
September 19, 2011 by Jeff Simeon - Recycle
September 06, 2011 by Jeff Simeon - Electronics
June 13, 2011 by Jeff Simeon - Electronics
April 09, 2011 by Jeff Simeon - Recycle